Concept of Profession and highlight its difference from occupation or job The vital role of ethics in professionsThe importance of ethical codes in professions and the prerequisites of an ethicalprofessionalThe nature of engineering ethics, the value of ethnical practices in engineering and thevirtues of an ethical engineer
1. Velasquez, Manuel G: 2002, Business Ethics: Concepts and Cases, Fifth edition,New Jersey, Prentice Hall.
2. Harris, Charles, E Jr., Michael S. Pritchard, Michael J Rabins, 1995, EngineeringEthics : Concepts and Cases, Belmont, Wadsworth Publishing Company.
3. Supplement Reading Materials (SM)
1. Sekhar, R.C.,: 1997, Ethical Choices in Business Response Books, New Delhi,Sage Publications.
2. Kitson, Alan and Campebell, Robert: 1996. The Ethical Organisation, GreatBritain Macmillan Press Ltd.
3. Pinkus, Rosa Lyun B., Larry J Shulman, Norman Phummon, Harvey Wolfe:1997, Engineering Ethics New York, Cambridge Uty., Press
4. Erwann, M. David, Williams, Masy B and Guiterrez, Claudio: 1990, Computers,Ethics and Society, Oxford, Oxford Uty., Press
5. Langford, Duncan (EDT): 2000, Internet Ethics, London, Macmillan Press Ltd.,2000.