Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Jais
2016 - 2018
M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering
National Institute of Technology Calicut, Kerala
2012 - 2016
BTech. in Chemical Engineering
1. Completed a project on Liquid-Liquid Two-Phase Flow Patterns and Mass Transfer Characteristics in Microchannels at Multiphase Lab, IIT Kharagpur (from 22 May to 30 June 2017)
2. Completed a project on Source Rock characterization of exploratory Well-X from Cambay Basin at ONGC Vadodara (from 20 May to 03 July 2015)
3. Six-week summer training in MATLAB at Cetpa Infotech Pvt. Ltd., Lucknow (from 19 June to 30 July 2014))
4. Four-week summer training in CREO PARAMETRIC at Cetpa Infotech Pvt. Ltd., Lucknow (from 19 June to 16 July 2014)
Nonlinear dynamics, Pattern formation, Multiphase flow, Microfluidics and Process intensification
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
1. U. Kumar, D. Panda, K.G. Biswas, "Augmented mass transfer in liquid-liquid flow through microchannels of different geometries" Chemical Engineering Processing - Process Intensification., 137 (2019) 72–79. Click here to access the paper
2. U. Kumar, D. Panda, K. Guha Biswas, "Non-Lithographic Copper-Wire Based Fabrication of Micro-Fluidic Reactors for Biphasic Flow Applications"Chemical Engineering Journal., 344 (2018) 221–227. Click here to access the paper
1 . U. Kumar, S. Pushpavanam, Modeling of Chemotaxis in Porous Media. InAPS Division of Fluid Dynamics Meeting Abstracts 2020 (pp. K04-016).
2 . U. Kumar, D. Panda, K. Guha Biswas, Liquid-Liquid Two-Phase Flow Patterns in Microflow reactors, CHEMCON 2017.
3 . U. Kumar, U. Kumar, D. Panda, K. Guha Biswas, Efficient Method to Fabricate Micro-Fluidic Reactors, APCEC 2017.
1. ISTE-IPCL National Award for Best M.Tech. Thesis Award in Chemical Engineering (2018)
I love exploring places and meeting new people. I have been many places and got along with the diversity of people which adds another skill to work efficiently in a new and diverse environment. My archive interest is pursuing cutting-edge research in applied sciences having a great deal of applications. My other interests include, hapkido, skateboarding, swimming, yoga, rock climbing and watching movies.