Origin, composition of petroleum; production of different fuel fractions: refinery operations;primary processing, secondary processing, thermal and catalytic methods; analysis, tests and specifications for petroleum fuels; catalytic cracking: catalysts, processes; catalytic reforming: reactions, catalysts, processes; hydrodesulfurization (HDS) of fuel fractions, catalysts, active centres and mechanisms; deep desulfurization of diesel fuels; sweetening of kerosene, alternate desulfurization methods; desulfurization of FCC naphtha; hydrocracking: catalysts and processes; processing of heavy oils – hydrodemetallization, residue HDS; lube oil production – dewaxing, wax isomerization: catalysts and processes. alkylates for petrol – current processes, use of solid acids; light naphtha isomerization, catalysts and current processes; oxygenate additives; sulfur recovery from fuel processing operations; H2production; deactivation of catalysts; regeneration of catalysts; recovery of materials; types of reactors used in fuels processing.
- J.G.Speight, The Chemistry and Technology of Petroleum, Marcel Dekker Inc., 1980
- Meyers, R.A. (ed.), Handbook of Petroleum Refining Processes, Part 5, McGrawHill, New York (1986).
- “The Chemistry and Technology of Petroleum”, J.G. Speight, (Marcel Dekker,1991). J.F. Le Page et al., Applied Hetrogeneous Catalysis, (Editions Technip, Paris).
- J. Scherzer and A.J. Gruia, “Hydrocracking Science and Technology”, Marcel Dekker, N.Y., 1996.
- J.G. Speight, “The Desulfurization of Heavy Oils and Residua”, Marcel Dekker, N.Y., 1981.
- A. Sequiera, Jr., “Lubricant Base Oil and Wax Processing”, Marcel Dekker, N.Y., 1994.
- H. Topsoe, B.S. Clausen and F,E. Massoth, “Hydrotreating Catalysis: Science and Technology”, in Catalysis Science and Technology (eds. J.R. Anderson and M. Boudart) Springer Verlag, vol. 11, 1996.
- “Catalytic Naphtha Reforming” (eds. G.J. Antos, A.M. Aitani and J.M. Parera) Marcel Dekker, 1995.
- R.J. Farrauto and C. H. Bartholomew, Fundamentals of Industrial Catalytic Processes, Chapman and Hall, 1997.