Major sponsored R&D projects completed / handled
- Principal Investigator for a project (#5296) on the development of vanadium redox flow battery system, Rs. 3.99 cr funding from MHRD and MNRE, 2017-2019
- Co-PI for a project (#6362) on development of next generation heat exchangers using additive manufacturing, Rs. 3.42 cr funding from MHRD and DHI, 2017-2019
- Global Technology Watch Group on advanced coal technologies, DST, 2014-2017, Rs 205 lakh
- Modelling Accelerated Ageing and Degradation of Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (MAAD-SOFC), Indo- UK project, DST, 2012-2015, Rs. 63 lakh
- Optimizing gasification of high-ash content coals for electricity generation (OPTIMASH), European Union (FP7), 2011-2015, Rs. 429 lakh
- Experimental and theoretical studies on flooding and dehydration in proton exchange membranes (PEM) fuel cells, DST, 2006-2010, Rs. 18.6 lakh
- Optimisation of proton exchange membrane (PEM) cell stack design using advanced computational techniques, MNRE, 2002-2004, Rs. 17.4 lakh
Technology development / translation / initiation:
- Model and computer programme for the prediction of NOx emission rates for high ash coals (technology transferred to BHEL-Tiruchirapalli) 2012-2014.
- Model and computer programme for the prediction of the furnace outlet temperature and heattransfer for high ash coals (technology transferred to BHEL-Tiruchirappli) 2012-2014.
- Optimal design of power plant ducting (technology transferred to BHEL-Tiruchirapalli), 2011-2013.
- Design and sizing of seawater-based flue gas desulphurization (FGD) system for coal-fired power plants (technology transferred to BHEL- Ranipet), 2011-2012.